Most read reports
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
Italy has now overtaken Greece as the main point of entry for migrants trying to reach Europe, UNHCR figures show
By Gabriela Baczynska
BRUSSELS, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Migrants arriving by sea to Italy are now the main problem faced by the European Union in its efforts to stem mass immigration to the bloc, the head of the EU border agency said on Wednesday.
Italy has now overtaken Greece as the main point of entry for migrants trying to reach Europe, figures from the U.N. refugee agency (UNHCR) show.
Source: Sat, 16 May 2015 04:30 GMT
By Daniel Flynn
DAKAR, May 15 (Reuters) - At least as many migrants may be dying of hunger and thirst in the Sahara as are drowning in the Mediterranean during this year's huge surge of human trafficking from Libya to Europe, the International Organization for Migration said on Friday.
Read more on AlertNet.
Africa launches its first sovereign risk insurance pool
Fund targets drought-prone countries first
Climate change seen major risk to Africa
By Wendell Roelf
CAPE TOWN, May 15 (Reuters) - In the 1980s images of skeletal Ethiopian babies and their parents, dying from hunger during a devastating famine, helped galvanize global humanitarian and financial aid to drought-ravaged African countries.
Read the full report on AlertNet.