Most read reports
- Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018
- GMDAC: Over 6,600 Migration Deaths Recorded in Africa Since 2013 ‘Just the Tip of the Iceberg’
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- The Global Compact on Refugees is a positive step toward a better refugee response
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
This document is designed to make it easier for agencies to raise Start Fund anticipatory alerts for disease outbreaks, or to submit Start Fund project proposals when an alert has been activated.
The Start Fund Crisis Anticipation Window enables members to begin responding before a crisis turns into a disaster. Acting in anticipation of humanitarian crises is new for many agencies. It can be difficult to decide when to trigger an anticipatory alert through the Start Fund and what activities are the most effective.