Most read reports
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- Spain contributes 4.1 million euros to assistance to vulnerable populations through the United Nations World Food Programme
- UNHCR appeals for urgent action as new Mediterranean mid-winter deaths reported
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
BEIJING, May 22 (Xinhua) -- China will coordinate with countries from Asia and Oceania to conduct satellite remote sensing observation along the Mekong River, according to the website of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
The first international conference of the Asia-Oceania Global Earth Observation System of Systems (AOGEOSS) Initiative concluded on May 18 in Deqing in east China's Zhejiang Province. The Deqing Action Plan was passed during the conference to carry out remote sensing observation in regions along the river.