Most read reports
- Inequality exacerbates hunger, malnutrition and obesity in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- EU countries backing out of the UN Global Migration Pact
- The Human Capital Project in Africa: Stories of Progress
- Panorama de la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional en américa latina y el caribe 2018 - desigualdad y sistemas alimentarios
GENEVA, Dec 14, 2006 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Individuals and governments donated a record 17 billion U.S. dollars to help disaster victims in 2005, but the distribution of those funds was quite inequitable, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) said on Thursday.
In 2005, the international community responded more generously to people's humanitarian assistance than any time in recent history, IFRC said in its annual World Disasters Report.
BEIJING, Nov 22, 2006 (Xinhua via COMTEX) --Member countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) passed an action plan on cooperation in disaster relief here on November 22, after a two-day discussion.
The plan, which was passed at a ministerial meeting on emergency disaster relief, sets a more specific timetable and details on cooperation between SCO member states from 2006 to 2007.
Ministers and officials from SCO member nations China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan attended the two-day meeting.
They also had observed an exercise …