Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
Consideration of prevention, mitigation and preparedness in respect of disasters, including the historical development of the concept of disaster risk reduction, prevention as a principle of international law, international cooperation on prevention, and national policy and legislation.
Elaboration on the duty to cooperate; consideration of the conditions for the provision of assistance (compliance with national laws, identifying needs and quality control, and limitations on conditions under international law); and consideration of the termination of assistance.
Consideration of the responsibility of the affected State to seek assistance where its national response capacity is exceeded, the duty of the affected State not to arbitrarily withhold its consent to external assistance and the right to offer assistance in the international community.
Defining the scope of the topic (ratione materiae, ratione personae, ratione temporis), definition of "disaster", the principle of solidarity and cooperation, as well as a discussion on future work.