Maps & Infographics
Headlines (most recent)
- IOM: Up to 60,000 child refugees who arrived in Italy alone need support into adulthood. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: Nine African countries pool resources to increase access to affordable vaccines. 7 Nov 2019
- Oxfam: More than 52 million people across Africa going hungry as weather extremes hit. 7 Nov 2019
- ASEAN: ASEAN, UNICEF join forces to improve lives of all children. 3 Nov 2019
- ACAPS: Access constraints gravely impede humanitarian assistance in 60 countries. 31 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: Global Strategy for Sustainable Energy: A UNHCR Strategy 2019-2024. 24 Oct 2019
- Oxfam: More than 52 million people across Africa going hungry as weather extremes hit the continent [EN/AR]. 7 Nov 2019
- WHO: Nine African countries agree to begin journey towards pooled procurement to increase their access to affordable life-saving vaccines. 7 Nov 2019
- IOM: At a crossroads: Unaccompanied and separated children in their transition to adulthood in Italy (November 2019). 8 Nov 2019
- IEP: Global Peace Index 2019. 12 Jun 2019
I am honoured to address this first session of the Council's second decade.
After two years as High Commissioner, I believe it is important for me to share with you in this oral update our concern over an emerging pattern: the growing refusal on the part of an increasing number of Member States to grant OHCHR, or the human rights mechanisms, access – either to countries generally, or to specific regions, when that access is requested explicitly, or in other instances to engage with us.