Headlines (most recent)
- UNHCR: More than 85 governments, civil society and international groups vow to tackle statelessness. 11 Oct 2019
- Global Fund: Global Fund donors pledge US$14 billion in fight to end epidemics. 10 Oct 2019
- UN News: Los países del sur sufren las consecuencias más graves del desplazamiento de refugiados. 7 Oct 2019
- HRW: NGOs call on countries to address numbers of detained children. 7 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UN refugees chief warns of risks to the fight against statelessness. 7 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- IEP: Global Peace Index 2019. 12 Jun 2019
- UN SG: Secretary-General Deplores Reversals in Disarmament Efforts, as General Assembly Commemorates International Day for Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. 27 Sep 2019
- OCHA: Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018. 17 Dec 2018
- UN HRC: International Day of the Girl Child,11 October 2019: Agents for change: Girls take up the fight for a better world. 10 Oct 2019
- UN GA: Agriculture development, food security and nutrition - Report of the Secretary-General (A/74/237) [EN/AR]. 12 Oct 2019
10 March 2016
Distinguished President, Excellencies,
Over the past ten days, many delegations have shared with me their alarm about the growing disarray in many countries. And among other issues, I have raised with many of them my concerns about arrests, harassment and spurious prosecutions of journalists, activists, political opponents and human rights defenders.
GENEVA (25 February 2016) – The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein on Thursday expressed serious concern at security measures adopted at a recent meeting of the heads of police of five European countries*, which are already having a negative impact on the human rights of refugees and migrants in southern and central Europe, and are compounding the already exceptionally difficult situation in Greece.