Most read reports
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Peacebuilding Commission Urges Member States to Keep Sahel High on Agenda, Foster Stability, Ensure Sustainable Peace
How digitization of payments, transfers, and remittances contributes to the G20 goals of broad-based economic growth, financial inclusion, and women’s economic empowerment
DIGITIZING PAYMENTS AND REMITTANCES IS VITAL TO ACHIEVING G20 GOALS.
EMBARGOED TILL 10 AM EST, 30 January, 2014
Commits to Increase Electronic Payments to Strengthen Local Economies
New York – 30 January, 2014 –Catholic Relief Services (CRS) announced that it has joined the Better Than Cash Alliance, pledging to transition approximately 60 percent of its operational, programmatic and emergency payments from cash to electronic across 22 countries.