Most read reports
- Global push to stamp out hunger hinges on better data
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- Joint Communiqué by United Nations Secretary-General, African Union Commission Chairperson, European Commission President during Third Trilateral Meeting
- All you need to know in an emergency – in the palm of your hand
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
This statement is supported by: CAFOD, Christian Aid, Global One, Islamic Relief Worldwide, The Joint Learning Initiative on Faith & Local Communities, Muslim Charities Forum, The Lutheran World Federation, The Salvation Army International, World Evangelical Alliance, and World Vision
Les associations nationales d’hébergement et de lutte contre l’exclusion ont été réunies aujourd’hui 8 décembre 2017 par le ministre de l’ Intérieur et le ministre de la Cohésion des Territoires pour une présentation du projet gouvernemental d’examen de la situation administrative des étrangers présents dans les centres d’hébergement accueillant les sans-abri.
FRENCH authorities have turned to The Salvation Army to provide assistance to refugees seeking to build a new life in Europe. Long-term programmes have been joined by emergency care provision in a number of places, with Salvation Army teams helping to look after some of the thousands of people now being resettled across France after being removed from the infamous 'Jungle' camp in Calais.
In Italy – one of the main recipients of refugees heading to Europe from Africa – The Salvation Army has offered the use of its 'l'Uliveto' centre in Atena Lucana, in the south of the country, to receive and assist asylum seekers. Dr Simona Magazzù, Coordinator of The Salvation Army's work at the centre, explains what happened when the first group arrived:
AS European leaders seek to deal with what an EU (European Union) representative called the worst refugee crisis since the Second World War, The Salvation Army is responding across the continent, providing practical, emotional and spiritual support.