Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
The ongoing humanitarian crisis in Syria poses major challenges to doctrines, legal frameworks, and institutional norms about the moral imperative to intervene on behalf of afflicted populations. At the heart of this challenge presented by Syria is the debate surrounding the Responsibility to Protect, or R2P, doctrine.
This e-volume brings together some of the most important voices on R2P and humanitarian intervention to examine the doctrine’s validity in the context of Syria’s civil war and humanitarian emergency.