Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Reaching those furthest behind
Dubai, 30 May 2016 – From the migrant crisis in Europe, to the earthquake in Nepal, the ability to communicate is essential to humanitarian emergency operations. World-leading satellite operators and integrators: Arabsat, EMC, Eutelsat, Hispasat, Inmarsat, Intelsat, SES, Thuraya and Yahsat are conducting technical training for humanitarian personnel starting in Dubai this week, to support the provision of communications to all those responding to emergencies including affected populations.