Most read reports
- World Malaria Report 2018
- Global Education Monitoring Report 2019: Migration, displacement and education: Building bridges, not walls [EN/AR/RU/ZH]
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Galvanizing Power of Women’s Movements Driving Action Needed to End Harassment, Violence, Says Secretary-General, in Remarks for International Day
- Oxfam Intermón denuncia que 40 niñas y niños mueren cada hora en el mundo a causa de la diarrea
Ahead of the First Formal Consultations for the Global Compact on Refugees, 14 international NGOs and InterAction signed a statement in which they reflect on the Zero Draft of the Global Compact on Refugees, including their recommendations to ensure that the Compact leads to a better response to the large movement of refugees, greater equity across States, and support refugees to live in safety and dignity.
What is harsh weather?
• Harsh weather conditions are defined as any extreme weather event associated with winter storms that may have one or more of the following elements:
• Strong winds
• Extreme low temperature
• Heavy rainfall/flooding
The present manual was conceived in the framework of the project "Activities of non-formal education and professional training for child and youth victims from the on-going conflicts in Iraq and in the region". INTERSOS implemented the project starting in December 2014 in partnership with the Italian Cooperation in the Erbil Governorate, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, an area affected by a deep humanitarian crisis due to the ongoing and worsening conflict between the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and coalition forces.
EU leaders must live up to their commitments to European values in responding to migration and stop copying xenophobic populist recipes, more than 160 NGOs said today in a joint statement. The organizations are calling for strong leadership to uphold the rights and values that have been the founding principles of the European Union for 60 years.
Joint NGO statement ahead of the European Council of 28-29 June 2016 NGOs strongly condemn new EU policies to contain migration
At the upcoming European Council, European Union (EU) leaders will discuss the European Commission’s Communication on a new Partnership Framework with third countries. The Communication proposes an approach which aims to leverage existing EU and Member States' external cooperation instruments and tools in order to stem migration to Europe.
Displacement in Eastern Africa is predominantly of a protracted nature. At the end of February 2016, there were 11.7 million people displaced in the region, mostly in Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia (UNHCR), and at least half are children. Although most have been displaced for several years or even decades, few have durable solutions prospects such as returning to their home, being integrated into their host communities or settle elsewhere.