Headlines (most recent)
- ICRC: UN and ICRC appeal for end to explosive weapons use in cities. 18 Sep 2019
- UN DESA: Increase in global number of international migrants continues to outpace growth of the world’s population. 17 Sep 2019
- Kindernothilfe: Water shortage exacerbates disaster risk; tropical islands top table. 17 Sep 2019
- IOM: IOM manual to help with mental health and psychosocial support in emergencies. 17 Sep 2019
- IOM: Detaining migrant children is not only wrong, but ineffective, says UN migration network. 16 Sep 2019
Most read reports
- Kindernothilfe: WorldRiskReport 2019 - Focus: Water Supply. 17 Sep 2019
- IOM: IOM Manual on Community-Based Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergencies and Displacement. 17 Sep 2019
- UN DESA: The number of international migrants reaches 272 million, continuing an upward trend in all world regions, says UN. 17 Sep 2019
- IOM: Child Immigration Detention is Not Only Wrong, It Is Ineffective. 16 Sep 2019
- IEP: Global Peace Index 2019. 12 Jun 2019
Joint press release
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, 15 March 2016 – Government ministers and representatives of development agencies, civil society, private sector and NGOs are gathered in Addis to agree on a way to meet targets on universal access to water, sanitation and hygiene as called for in the new Sustainable Development Goals.
The two-day, high-level meeting, under the aegis of the Sanitation and Water for All partnership, and convened by UNICEF, is hosted by the Government of Ethiopia.
WASHINGTON, D.C., 10 April 2014 – Government ministers from 50 countries are expected this week to pledge concrete commitments to bring safe water, sanitation and hygiene to those who need it most.
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will open the third biennial Sanitation and Water For All (SWA) High-Level Meeting here on Friday, along with World Bank Group President Dr. Jim Yong Kim and SWA Chair John Kufuor, ahead of the 2014 Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank Group.
Political leadership brings us a step closer to the dream of sanitation and water for all
Monitoring report shows encouraging steps have been taken since the 2012 SWA High Level Meeting, but additional effort is needed to fulfill commitments by 2014.