Most read reports
- Global Education Monitoring Report 2019: Migration, displacement and education: Building bridges, not walls [EN/AR/RU/ZH]
- World Malaria Report 2018
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Galvanizing Power of Women’s Movements Driving Action Needed to End Harassment, Violence, Says Secretary-General, in Remarks for International Day
- Oxfam Intermón denuncia que 40 niñas y niños mueren cada hora en el mundo a causa de la diarrea
In this article we shall be looking into the institutional mechanisms in place for the promotion and protection of human rights and for the development of humanitarian practices within regional organizations. We shall depart from the concept of regional governance in order to understand the role played by regional organizations in generating and consolidating rules on human rights and on humanitarian practices. We shall take the international human rights regime, humanitarian law and humanitarianism as references for this analysis.