Most read reports
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
In this article we shall be looking into the institutional mechanisms in place for the promotion and protection of human rights and for the development of humanitarian practices within regional organizations. We shall depart from the concept of regional governance in order to understand the role played by regional organizations in generating and consolidating rules on human rights and on humanitarian practices. We shall take the international human rights regime, humanitarian law and humanitarianism as references for this analysis.