Most read reports
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Hike in record-dry months for Africa's Sahel worries scientists
- Agenda for Humanity Annual Synthesis Report 2018 - Staying the Course: Delivering on the Ambition of the World Humanitarian Summit
- General Assembly Adopts 4 Resolutions Aimed at Strengthening Coordination of Humanitarian, Disaster Relief Assistance
The Urban ARK Programme hosted an international conference in Lilongwe, Malawi from 1st to 3rd February 2016. The conference was supported by DFID-ESRC and hosted by Mzuzu University an Urban ARK Partner. The conference brought together urban researchers and practitioners engaged in African disaster risk reduction and management. Global Network of Civil Society Organizations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR) was represented by Maynard Nyirenda, Executive Director of Sustainable Rural Growth and Development Initiative (SRGDI), and a member of GNDR in Southern Africa.