Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
Bill Gunyon*, OneWorld UK
LONDON, Jan 17 (OneWorld.net) - A seminal moment of the 2008 banking collapse enjoys the improbable association with the British monarch. Attending a function at the London School of Economics, the Queen was overheard to demand "why did no one see the crisis coming?"
If we are to experience a global food crisis in 2011, lack of foresight is less likely to feature on the royal charge sheet.
WASHINGTON, Apr 28 (OneWorld) - Far away and close to home the growing world food crisis is taking a toll.
In countries where malaria is highly endemic, priority should be given to accelerating implementation of cost-effective interventions and strengthening surveillance, monitoring and evaluation systems to enable us to measure progress.
Insecticide-treated Nets (LLINs) and constant supply of medicines for Artemisinin-based combination therapy in health facilities.