Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- UNHCR donors commit a record US$926 million in initial pledges for refugees, internally displaced and stateless people in 2019
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Reaching those furthest behind
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
Children in conflict or contact with criminal justice or welfare agencies either as children in need of protection, children at risk, on arrest, during trial, in detention or as victims and witnesses, are often in a vulnerable position, unaware of their rights or unable to enforce them. How these children are treated by the system is a critical factor in determining how they will be reintegrated into their families, schools and communities.
|This book is a compilation of Declarations, Plans of Action and ECOSOC Resolutions which make logical, practical, humane and cost-effective recommendations for penal reform, written specifically in and for the African context.|