Most read reports
- Global push to stamp out hunger hinges on better data
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- All you need to know in an emergency – in the palm of your hand
- Joint Communiqué by United Nations Secretary-General, African Union Commission Chairperson, European Commission President during Third Trilateral Meeting
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
This guide responds to the emerging needs of many communities in the Pacific Islands whose members are expressing concerns about storm damage, sea-level rise, and the frequency and severity of coastal flooding events and shoreline erosion. For the purpose of the guide, the term “coastal zone” refers to the entire area from the upland forest out to the reef edge. On small low-lying islands and atolls, the entire island would be considered the coastal zone.
The term “coastal change” refers to: