Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
More than half of the activist deaths in the world have occurred in Latin America.
2015 was a dismal year for those who defend human rights in the region. According to Front Line Defenders, an international organization dedicated to the protection of human rights defenders, with headquarters in Ireland, 156 people died in the past year for defending human rights, 87 of them in Latin America and 54 alone in Colombia.
Millions of people will be forced to migrate due to climate change and natural disasters.