Most read reports
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
Conflict prevention, resolution and reconstruction issues vary significantly across regions and cultures. There is no "one size fits all" approach that can be taken by the international community or local populations to promote and sustain peace. However, conflict-affected societies do share common characteristics and problems that peace processes seek to address and resolve. The Toolkit's creation was motivated by the needs of these women who, despite their achievements, have limited access to international processes.
This document offers preliminary principles
as the foundation for a new relationship between researchers and women
activists in conflict zones. For this purpose, it offers chapters on the
- Before leaving for the field
- Working with the community: What's in it for them?
- Participatory Action Research
- As you leave the community
- After you have left the community
- Using the results in policymaking