Most read reports
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
This book describes the Kobe "Great Hanshin-Awaji"
Earthquake and the lessons learned from the Kobe experience.
Part I describes the background of the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake, and its damages.
Part II describes the major problems during the rehabilitation process, and possible solutions.
Part III states the details of the action plan for future community rehabilitation
In Part IV, Future needs of the action plan implementation are described.
This handbook gives guidelines on how to achieve
a sustainable community rehabilitation after a disaster.
Part I describes the need of the model approach and the background of the Gujarat earthquake.
Part II describes the process and its details with the examples from the Patanka New Life Project, conducted in Gujarat, India, following the earthquake of January 26, 2001.
Part III describes the model and the checklist.