Most read reports
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- IDMC Mid-Year Figures: Internal Displacement in 2018
- Extreme hunger could kill 600,000 children in war zones this year
- Climate change and violent conflict: Sparse evidence from South Asia and South East Asia
The following statement was issued today by Jean Ziegler, the Special Rapporteur of the Commission on Human Rights on the right to food:
This report outlines some of the urgent protection
challenges facing the Commission of Human Rights and the international
community. For this purpose, it looks at the following issues:
- Need for stronger protection of human rights
- Upholding human dignity, equality, security and human rights
- Reform and modernization of the human rights programme
- Activities of the Office for the protection of human rights under the rule of law
- Concluding observations
On the occasion of the tenth year of his mandate,
the Representative on IDPs presents the developments since his report to
the previous session of the Commission as well as an overview of progress
made and challenges remaining in responding effectively to the global crisis
of internal displacement.
For this purpose, it offers the following chapters:
- Overview of the crisis
- Evolution of the international response
- Activities of the mandate
- Assessment of the progress made and remaining challenges
Aiming to promote greater awareness and implementation
of the right to food, this report examines the activities of the UN Special
Rapporteur on the right to food, including his official missions.
For this purpose, it looks at key initiatives at the international level; the process for receiving and responding to allegations of violations of the right to food around the world; the situation of the right to food in Brazil, as well as provides recommendations for the future.
In the context of the 1996 Rome Declaration
on World Food Security and the World Food Summit Plan of Action outlining
ways to achieve universal food security, this document looks at the progress
achieved since the summit.
In addition to recommendations for future action, the report looks particularly at achievements in terms of developments in the international human rights system, and challenges in terms of national and international implementation and research and policy development.
This study by an independent expert examines
the matter of housing and property restitution in the context of return
of refugees and internally displaced persons. Regarding it as an essential
element of the right to return, the study addresses the following issues:
- Durable solutions to displacement
- The right to return to one's home and the role of housing and property restitution
- Issues requiring further study