Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
After flooding, earthquakes or other disasters, rapid and specific assistance is vital. This is why the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has been working together with the THW and other German organisations as part of a Cluster Approach to providing relief.
Today, the Airbus Helicopters Foundation expanded its humanitarian outreach by signing a high-level agreement on heliborne airlift support for the German Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW), which coordinates and carries out operations at international natural disaster sites and in other emergency situations. The agreement was signed during the International Aeronautics and Space exhibition ILA by Klaus Buchmüller, Head of International Division and Wolfgang Schoder, CEO of Airbus Helicopters Germany.