Most read reports
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
After flooding, earthquakes or other disasters, rapid and specific assistance is vital. This is why the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has been working together with the THW and other German organisations as part of a Cluster Approach to providing relief.
Today, the Airbus Helicopters Foundation expanded its humanitarian outreach by signing a high-level agreement on heliborne airlift support for the German Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW), which coordinates and carries out operations at international natural disaster sites and in other emergency situations. The agreement was signed during the International Aeronautics and Space exhibition ILA by Klaus Buchmüller, Head of International Division and Wolfgang Schoder, CEO of Airbus Helicopters Germany.