Most read reports
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Aperçu du Financement Humanitaire en 2018 - Appels coordonnés par les Nations Unies
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
New report shows way forward for ambulances at risk
Geneva/Sydney (ICRC) – A new report, entitled "Ambulance and pre-hospital services in risk situations," sets out ways to make pre-hospital care and ambulance services operating in areas of armed violence safer. The report was unveiled today at the International Red Cross and Red Crescent statutory meetings in Sydney, Australia.
For nearly two decades the suffering, courage and commitment of landmine survivors has inspired and motivated the successful national and international effort to forever ban these horrific weapons. The plight of victims of cluster munitions has led to a similar international process.