Most read reports
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
By Sandro Calmanti, ENEA
Global warming may imply large fluctuations of the impact of droughts in rural areas. Adaptation strategies will likely have to cope with such variable conditions rather than with constant trends.
Africa Risk View
Dr. Rephael Ben-Ari
Nearly forty thousand INGOs are active in the world today. The remarkable flourishing of these organizations has given the impression that they constitute a sort of “global civil society” that ostensibly advances democratization processes, protects human rights, and assists peacemaking efforts in regions of conflict. Unfortunately, in some cases, this image has little to do with reality.