Most read reports
- UNHCR appeals for urgent action as new Mediterranean mid-winter deaths reported
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Why Are so Many Humanitarian Crises Under-reported?
By Sandro Calmanti, ENEA
Global warming may imply large fluctuations of the impact of droughts in rural areas. Adaptation strategies will likely have to cope with such variable conditions rather than with constant trends.
Africa Risk View
Dr. Rephael Ben-Ari
Nearly forty thousand INGOs are active in the world today. The remarkable flourishing of these organizations has given the impression that they constitute a sort of “global civil society” that ostensibly advances democratization processes, protects human rights, and assists peacemaking efforts in regions of conflict. Unfortunately, in some cases, this image has little to do with reality.