Most read reports
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
Franzisca Zanker, Senior research fellow, Freiburg University
More than 3 billion people- nearly half the world’s population- are at risk for malaria, a preventable disease spread by mosquitoes. Insecticide-treated nets (ITNs), are one of the most effective tools in preventing malaria and reducing deaths.
Louise Hunt, Freelance journalist and regular IRIN contributor specialising in social affairs and international development
“I am very happy to be home,” said 18-year-old Mohammed Nyabally, sitting on the steps of his uncle’s house in Serekunda, a town near The Gambia’s coast.
Just two weeks earlier, he was languishing in a prison near Tripoli; his third spell in detention during the nine months he spent in Libya trying to board a boat to cross the Mediterranean.
Monthly regional mixed migration summary for February 2017 covering mixed migration events, incidents, trends and data for the West Africa region
Monthly regional mixed migration summary for January 2017 covering mixed migration events, incidents, trends and data for the West Africa region.