Most read reports
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Central Emergency Response Fund ‘Most Profitable Investment You Can Make for the Good of Humankind’, Secretary-General Tells Pledging Conference
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
We often hear the phrase “coordination saves lives” in humanitarian work. But what does coordination actually mean during a crisis? For OCHA, it means bringing various humanitarian partners together under one umbrella to organize relief and recovery operations. Effective coordination saves efforts, resources, time and, more importantly, lives.
Read the full top story on OCHA
This report covers the period 01/01/2009 to 31/12/2009.
Programme purpose: The Kyrgyzstan Red Crescent programmes are aligned with the Global Agenda goals to reduce the number of deaths, injuries, and impact from disasters; to reduce the number of deaths, illnesses and impact from diseases and public health emergencies; to increase local community, civil society and Red Cross Red Crescent capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability; and to reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion and promote respect for diversity and human …