Most read reports
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
We often hear the phrase “coordination saves lives” in humanitarian work. But what does coordination actually mean during a crisis? For OCHA, it means bringing various humanitarian partners together under one umbrella to organize relief and recovery operations. Effective coordination saves efforts, resources, time and, more importantly, lives.
Read the full top story on OCHA
This report covers the period 01/01/2009 to 31/12/2009.
Programme purpose: The Kyrgyzstan Red Crescent programmes are aligned with the Global Agenda goals to reduce the number of deaths, injuries, and impact from disasters; to reduce the number of deaths, illnesses and impact from diseases and public health emergencies; to increase local community, civil society and Red Cross Red Crescent capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability; and to reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion and promote respect for diversity and human …