Most read reports
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Agenda for Humanity Annual Synthesis Report 2018 - Staying the Course: Delivering on the Ambition of the World Humanitarian Summit
- Hike in record-dry months for Africa's Sahel worries scientists
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
The aim of this document, "The Geneva Conventions and the Additional Protocols-Basic Rules", is to provide a condensed synthesis of the rules of international humanitarian law in armed conflicts as contained in these legal instruments. This presentation itself is preceded by a summary which sets out, as simply and briefly as possible, the fundamental rules which are the basis of these treaties and the law of armed conflicts as a whole.
OFDA directed an unprecedented number of disaster relief operations during FY 1988. In all, OFDA responded to 60 disasters during the fiscal year. ranging frorn drought to flooding. An ammunition dump accident to a toxic waste incident, epidemics to civil strife, earthquakes to volcanic eruptions. landslides to insect infestations. Disaster