Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- WFP participation at Global Child Nutrition Forum event: The world’s largest conference on school feeding
- Global Child Nutrition Forum celebrates 20th edition in Tunisia
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
With climate change fuelling a dramatic escalation in the frequency and intensity of disasters, the United Nations and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies are calling on governments to significantly increase their commitment to disaster risk reduction.
This call came today at a meeting to which all member states of the United Nations were invited, where the International Federation, in partnership with the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UN/ISDR), laid out its strategic vision for increasing Red Cross Red Crescent efforts to …