Most read (last 30 days)
- Global Early Warning – Early Action Report on Food Security and Agriculture: January - March 2018
- Children under attack at shocking scale in conflicts around the world, says UNICEF
- 4 ways technology can help us respond to disasters
- 48,000 babies to be born on New Year’s Day in Eastern and Southern Africa, says UNICEF
- Strengthening coordination of UN humanitarian and disaster relief assistance: ICRC statement to the United Nations, 2017
We often hear the phrase “coordination saves lives” in humanitarian work. But what does coordination actually mean during a crisis? For OCHA, it means bringing various humanitarian partners together under one umbrella to organize relief and recovery operations. Effective coordination saves efforts, resources, time and, more importantly, lives.
Read the full top story on OCHA
This report covers the period 01/01/2009 to 31/12/2009.
Programme purpose: The Kyrgyzstan Red Crescent programmes are aligned with the Global Agenda goals to reduce the number of deaths, injuries, and impact from disasters; to reduce the number of deaths, illnesses and impact from diseases and public health emergencies; to increase local community, civil society and Red Cross Red Crescent capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability; and to reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion and promote respect for diversity and human …