Most read reports
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Peacebuilding Commission Urges Member States to Keep Sahel High on Agenda, Foster Stability, Ensure Sustainable Peace
Issued 30 November 2010 at the launch of the Humanitarian Appeal 2011 in Doha, Qatar, by the State of Qatar, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Next year, millions of people affected by humanitarian crises around the world will look to the international community to address their basic survival needs and provide services that will allow them to maintain a measure of human dignity even in the worst of circumstances.
The Humanitarian Appeal 2011, consisting of 14 individual …