Most read (last 30 days)
- At least 71 United Nations, Associated Personnel Killed in Malicious Attacks against Peacekeeping Operations during 2017
- The War on Children: Time to End Violations Against Children in Armed Conflict
- Hunger in conflict zones continues to intensify
- UNICEF Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Overview [EN/AR]
- Integrated management of the Fall Armyworm on maize. A guide for Farmer Field Schools in Africa
By Rod Brooks, CEO of Rise Against Hunger
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA, Oct 11 2017 (IPS) - The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) recently announced that the number of hungry people in the world has increased by 38 million in the past year due to climate change, conflict and slow economic growth. Given this setback, can we, in fact, end hunger in our lifetime? The answer is a resounding, Yes, we can. The first step is simply wrapping our minds around the reality that—yes—ending hunger is possible.
The Hershey Company and Stop Hunger Now again have joined forces in the fight against hunger. Following up on their record-setting event last summer, today more than 700 employees packaged 255,744 Stop Hunger Now meals for people suffering from hunger around the world.