Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- Aperçu du Financement Humanitaire en 2018 - Appels coordonnés par les Nations Unies
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
This commentary was adapted from introductory remarks by Joy Portella, Mercy Corps' Director of Communications, during a recent event in Seattle featuring Mercy Corps' Guatemala country director.
The global food crisis was recently labeled a "silent tsunami" by The Economist magazine because of its deadly potential.