Most read reports
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- The potential human cost of cyber operations: Starting the conversation
This commentary was adapted from introductory remarks by Joy Portella, Mercy Corps' Director of Communications, during a recent event in Seattle featuring Mercy Corps' Guatemala country director.
The global food crisis was recently labeled a "silent tsunami" by The Economist magazine because of its deadly potential.