Most read reports
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
The vast majority of the world’s youth — 87 percent — live in developing countries. In these tough places, one billion young people are faced with the disruptions of war, poverty and disaster that turn the inherent uncertainties of adolescence into a fight for survival.
That “fight” is what many people worry about — displaced from their homes, denied an education, faced with limited employment opportunities, is this a disgruntled generation who will threaten the security and stability of their countries?