Most read (last 30 days)
- At least 71 United Nations, Associated Personnel Killed in Malicious Attacks against Peacekeeping Operations during 2017
- The War on Children: Time to End Violations Against Children in Armed Conflict
- Hunger in conflict zones continues to intensify
- UNICEF Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Overview [EN/AR]
- Integrated management of the Fall Armyworm on maize. A guide for Farmer Field Schools in Africa
Joint press release
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, 15 March 2016 – Government ministers and representatives of development agencies, civil society, private sector and NGOs are gathered in Addis to agree on a way to meet targets on universal access to water, sanitation and hygiene as called for in the new Sustainable Development Goals.
The two-day, high-level meeting, under the aegis of the Sanitation and Water for All partnership, and convened by UNICEF, is hosted by the Government of Ethiopia.
WASHINGTON, D.C., 10 April 2014 – Government ministers from 50 countries are expected this week to pledge concrete commitments to bring safe water, sanitation and hygiene to those who need it most.
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will open the third biennial Sanitation and Water For All (SWA) High-Level Meeting here on Friday, along with World Bank Group President Dr. Jim Yong Kim and SWA Chair John Kufuor, ahead of the 2014 Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank Group.
Political leadership brings us a step closer to the dream of sanitation and water for all
Monitoring report shows encouraging steps have been taken since the 2012 SWA High Level Meeting, but additional effort is needed to fulfill commitments by 2014.