Most read (last 30 days)
- At least 71 United Nations, Associated Personnel Killed in Malicious Attacks against Peacekeeping Operations during 2017
- Suffering in Silence: The 10 most under-reported humanitarian crises of 2017
- One in six children globally living in areas impacted by conflict
- Hunger in conflict zones continues to intensify
- UNICEF Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Overview [EN/AR]
Research Programme Funding Opportunity
The ESRC and DFID are pleased to announce a call for three large and exciting Research Programmes of work under Phase 3 of the ESRC-DFID Joint Fund for Poverty Alleviation Research. Both funders are committed to commissioning world class research and ensuring the results are available for policy makers and development workers worldwide.
The aim is to provide funding for new research on critical but relatively under-researched themes. The Research Programmes will undertake work in three areas:
The international policy context and circumstances of development action and humanitarian relief have changed profoundly over the past two decades, with aid agencies now operating in an increasingly diverse array of conflict-affected contexts that are also considered by Western governments as major threats to international peace and security.