Most read reports
- Rotary announces US $96.5 million to end polio
- United Nations Emergency Response Fund (CERF) Annual Report 2017
- Aid worker deaths: the numbers tell the story
- Los niños y niñas retornados a Centroamérica y México corren un mayor riesgo de sufrir violencias, estigma y privaciones
- Children and Women with Disabilities, More Likely to Face Discrimination
Research Programme Funding Opportunity
The ESRC and DFID are pleased to announce a call for three large and exciting Research Programmes of work under Phase 3 of the ESRC-DFID Joint Fund for Poverty Alleviation Research. Both funders are committed to commissioning world class research and ensuring the results are available for policy makers and development workers worldwide.
The aim is to provide funding for new research on critical but relatively under-researched themes. The Research Programmes will undertake work in three areas:
The international policy context and circumstances of development action and humanitarian relief have changed profoundly over the past two decades, with aid agencies now operating in an increasingly diverse array of conflict-affected contexts that are also considered by Western governments as major threats to international peace and security.