Most read reports
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- The potential human cost of cyber operations: Starting the conversation
Compendium on Good and Innovative Practices in the Regional Response to the Syria and Iraq Crisis: Volume II launched by UNHCR-UNDP Joint Secretariat
Jan 11, 2018 | News, Press Release
As of 18 December 2017, the UNICEF 2017/18 winter response in Syria and Syrian refugee host countries reached over 630,000 children but remains 58% underfunded (out of US$72 million appeal) and 880,000 children remain in dire need for support.
UNICEF is appealing for US$14 million to respond to the refugee and migrant crisis in Europe, with US$6.5 urgently needed for the immediate response in the next 6 months.