Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- State of World Population 2018 - The Power of Choice: Reproductive Rights and the Demographic Transition [EN/AR/RU]
- Rohingya crisis and assault on Cambodian democracy take center stage during EU advocacy mission
Refugee resettlement is in the news. At a U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee hearing last month, speakers from both ends of the political spectrum called on the country to admit some of the 2.3 million Syrians who have become refugees. “While the United States has led the world in resettling and providing humanitarian assistance to refugees from conflicts around the globe, we’ve not done enough to address the current Syrian crisis,” said Senator Dick Durbin.