Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- Aperçu du Financement Humanitaire en 2018 - Appels coordonnés par les Nations Unies
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
Urgent action needed for 80m children whose education has been hit by emergencies
The number of children whose education has been disrupted by conflicts and natural disasters has increased to 80 million.
The shocking statistic for 2015 is revealed in an education in emergencies "scorecard" published today by A World at School, which calls for urgent action from world leaders.
There have been a record number of children affected by crises - including attacks on education, wars, natural disasters and health alerts such as Ebola.