Most read reports
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Aperçu du Financement Humanitaire en 2018 - Appels coordonnés par les Nations Unies
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
For over a decade, the Global Risks Report series has shed light on the increasing interconnectedness and rapidly evolving nature of global risks. As of its 2015 edition, the Report has put forward actionable solutions to address global risks, the scope of which is beyond the domain of just one actor.
On April 4, 2016 the deportations under the EU-Turkey agreement began, with 386 people returned from Greece to Turkey over the course of the month. Pakistanis, Afghans, Sri-Lankans, Moroccans, and Bangladeshis were reportedly among those who were deported. Additionally, 135 Syrians were resettled from Turkey to European countries in April.