Most read reports
- Rotary announces US $96.5 million to end polio
- Aid worker deaths: the numbers tell the story
- Los niños y niñas retornados a Centroamérica y México corren un mayor riesgo de sufrir violencias, estigma y privaciones
- Violence against aid workers in 2017
- Nailing Down the Primacy of Politics in UN Peacekeeping: An Insider Perspective
As thousands of people arrive in Europe seeking safety, authorities in Austria and the Western Balkans have started selectively closing their borders. These measures are clearly infringing international and European law that protect the right to seek asylum.
UNICEF is appealing for US$14 million to respond to the refugee and migrant crisis in Europe, with US$6.5 urgently needed for the immediate response in the next 6 months.