Most read reports
- UNHCR appeals for urgent action as new Mediterranean mid-winter deaths reported
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Why Are so Many Humanitarian Crises Under-reported?
Franzisca Zanker, Senior research fellow, Freiburg University
More than 3 billion people- nearly half the world’s population- are at risk for malaria, a preventable disease spread by mosquitoes. Insecticide-treated nets (ITNs), are one of the most effective tools in preventing malaria and reducing deaths.
Louise Hunt, Freelance journalist and regular IRIN contributor specialising in social affairs and international development
“I am very happy to be home,” said 18-year-old Mohammed Nyabally, sitting on the steps of his uncle’s house in Serekunda, a town near The Gambia’s coast.
Just two weeks earlier, he was languishing in a prison near Tripoli; his third spell in detention during the nine months he spent in Libya trying to board a boat to cross the Mediterranean.
Monthly regional mixed migration summary for February 2017 covering mixed migration events, incidents, trends and data for the West Africa region
Monthly regional mixed migration summary for January 2017 covering mixed migration events, incidents, trends and data for the West Africa region.