Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- Reaching those furthest behind
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- What drives internal displacement? A machine learning approach
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
TC Winston Highlights
The Fiji Government held a series of lessons learned workshops for the overall response that culminated in a national workshop attended by partners involved in the humanitarian response. The Education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) clusters also held their separate lessons learned review workshops.
UNICEF completed its internal After Action Review.
A school-feeding programme is running in 38 schools in worstaffected areas, benefitting nearly 6,000 students.
At least 11 countries across Asia-Pacific experienced severe weather conditions due to El Niño.
In February, Tropical Cyclone Winston, the strongest cyclone recorded in the South Pacific, devastated Fiji.
In DPR Korea, 18million people are in need of some form of humanitarian assistance – 2016 response plan severely underfunded.
Tropical Storm Roanu triggers worst flooding in Sri Lanka in 25 years; preparedness actions mitigated loss of life in Bangladesh.