Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- 3 ways to fix the way we fund humanitarian relief
Mexico, USA - Tropical Cyclone NEWTON
• TC NEWTON formed over the north-western Pacific Ocean on 4 September. On 6 September at 9.00 UTC it made landfall over Baja California Sur state (Mexico) with approx. max. sust. winds of 148 km/h. On 7 September it made a second landfall over Sonora state (Mexico) with approx. max. sust. winds of 110 km/h. It then continued moving north-east over land and becoming a Post-Tropical Cyclone.
43rd & 44th Meetings (AM & PM)
Trafficking and targeted violations against women, indigenous peoples and other groups were among the national, regional and global concerns delegates raised as the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) concluded its discussion on the promotion and protection of human rights, introduced 14 draft resolutions and approved, without a vote, 6 texts on issues ranging from counter-terrorism to efforts to end gender-based violence.