Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
Mexico, USA - Tropical Cyclone NEWTON
• TC NEWTON formed over the north-western Pacific Ocean on 4 September. On 6 September at 9.00 UTC it made landfall over Baja California Sur state (Mexico) with approx. max. sust. winds of 148 km/h. On 7 September it made a second landfall over Sonora state (Mexico) with approx. max. sust. winds of 110 km/h. It then continued moving north-east over land and becoming a Post-Tropical Cyclone.
43rd & 44th Meetings (AM & PM)
Trafficking and targeted violations against women, indigenous peoples and other groups were among the national, regional and global concerns delegates raised as the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) concluded its discussion on the promotion and protection of human rights, introduced 14 draft resolutions and approved, without a vote, 6 texts on issues ranging from counter-terrorism to efforts to end gender-based violence.