Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
Sarka and Angus Grundy agreed to help a refugee family for six months and became close friends with a Syrian couple and their daughter
PRAGUE, 3 February 2016 – The leadership of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly’s Committee on Democracy, Human Rights and Humanitarian Questions visited the Czech Republic on 1 and 2 February to consider the country’s role in responding to the crisis of migrants and refugees currently affecting the OSCE area.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs closely follows comments voiced by foreign partners including the United Nations, the Council of Europe or NGOs regarding the situation in the Czech Republic. At the same time, the Czech Foreign Minister is ready to establish an open dialogue on the issue.
GENEVA (22 October 2015) – UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein on Thursday strongly criticized the detention of migrants and refugees who have arrived in the Czech Republic since August 2015, drawing particular attention to the violations of the rights of the children among them.