Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
Ten years ago, thousands of people risked their lives in wooden boats called cayucos to reach Spain’s Canary Islands. This sudden influx of tens of thousands of desperate migrants and refugees overwhelmed the islands and created a humanitarian crisis for Spain and the European Union. But a decade later, very few are heading to the Canaries.