Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Reaching those furthest behind
LAS PALMAS –The Spanish Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Alfonso Dastis, visited the logistics base of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Las Palmas of Gran Canaria this morning. The logistics base, located in the port of Las Palmas, is a key hub for responding to humanitarian needs in West Africa.
During the visit, Minister Dastis toured the 9,000 square metre warehouse used for storing emergency food stocks and commended the innovative manner in which WFP manages resources to increase efficiency.