Most read reports
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- New regional framework will strengthen UNFPA response to Horn of Africa and Yemen crises
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
LAS PALMAS –The Spanish Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Alfonso Dastis, visited the logistics base of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Las Palmas of Gran Canaria this morning. The logistics base, located in the port of Las Palmas, is a key hub for responding to humanitarian needs in West Africa.
During the visit, Minister Dastis toured the 9,000 square metre warehouse used for storing emergency food stocks and commended the innovative manner in which WFP manages resources to increase efficiency.