Most read reports
- Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018
- GMDAC: Over 6,600 Migration Deaths Recorded in Africa Since 2013 ‘Just the Tip of the Iceberg’
- The Global Compact on Refugees is a positive step toward a better refugee response
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
LAS PALMAS –The Spanish Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Alfonso Dastis, visited the logistics base of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Las Palmas of Gran Canaria this morning. The logistics base, located in the port of Las Palmas, is a key hub for responding to humanitarian needs in West Africa.
During the visit, Minister Dastis toured the 9,000 square metre warehouse used for storing emergency food stocks and commended the innovative manner in which WFP manages resources to increase efficiency.