Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- FAO Early Warning Early Action report on food security and agriculture (January - March 2019)
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
Listen to the News.
A record 70 million bed nets were distributed in the past 12 months as the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria ramps up its efforts to fight the deadly disease.
In all, the fund has distributed 190 million bed nets since 2003.
Their use has contributed to a decline in malaria by 50% in countries like Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Rwanda.
Julie Walker reports.
JOHANNESBURG, 20 June 2011 (PLUSNEWS) - Commercial sex work, dominated by a focus on women, could be redefined as new research launched today in Nairobi, Kenya, sheds light on the complicated HIV prevention needs of what may be Africa's most deeply underground group at high risk of HIV - male sex workers.