Most read reports
- Global push to stamp out hunger hinges on better data
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- All you need to know in an emergency – in the palm of your hand
- Joint Communiqué by United Nations Secretary-General, African Union Commission Chairperson, European Commission President during Third Trilateral Meeting
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
Listen to the News.
A record 70 million bed nets were distributed in the past 12 months as the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria ramps up its efforts to fight the deadly disease.
In all, the fund has distributed 190 million bed nets since 2003.
Their use has contributed to a decline in malaria by 50% in countries like Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Rwanda.
Julie Walker reports.
JOHANNESBURG, 20 June 2011 (PLUSNEWS) - Commercial sex work, dominated by a focus on women, could be redefined as new research launched today in Nairobi, Kenya, sheds light on the complicated HIV prevention needs of what may be Africa's most deeply underground group at high risk of HIV - male sex workers.