Most read reports
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
- Devastating Impacts of Climate Change Threatening Farm Outputs, Increasing Global Hunger, Delegates Say as Second Committee Takes Up Agriculture, Food Security
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
By Sara Israfilbayova
The number of foreigners arriving in Azerbaijan increased by more than 10 percent.
Head of Azerbaijan’s State Migration Service Vusal Huseynov made the remarks at an event dedicated to the results of the Service’s activities in the first half of this year.
He noted that in the first six months of this year, 827,352 foreigners and stateless persons arrived in Azerbaijan.
“This shows a 10 percent increase in the number of foreigners in the country,” Huseynov said, adding that this figure was 747,107 people in the same period last year.
Vaqif Sadiqov, Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to the United Nations in Geneva, praised the UAE’s pioneering role in supporting international stability, which has made it among the first countries to provide humanitarian assistance for refugees, through its participation in the international efforts to face humanitarian crises around the world, including the internal refugee crisis in Azerbaijan.